- Minimum 18 years old with grade 12 or "mature student" (19 years of age or older and out of school at least one year) with life experience demonstrating responsibility. There are no restrictions as to gender, race or disability.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. (the course material is in English Only)
- Must be physically and mentally healthy.
- Good Communication Skills.
- In Canada, must be able to pass the "vulnerable sector" criminal records check to obtain certification through a Canadian Association.
- Personal Loan
- Line of Credit from a local Financial Institution
- Borrow from Registered Retirement Saving Plans
- School Scholarships
- Human Resources Development agencies (HRDC in Canada)
- Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB in Canada)
- Aboriginal Band Office
- Scholarship Grants